Letters and Links for Parents and Carers.
Letters - Here you will find links to copies of letters that have been sent home via pupil post.
- Information on secondary transfer
- Medical Consent Form
- Flyer re Christmas Carol free theatre run by Contact for families with disabled children.
- Spotlight on Attendance letter
- Attendance Policy Leaflet
- Nut free school
- Free School Meal - Is your child eligible?
- Parent guide- Free School Meals - User Guide
- Voluntary contribution letter
- Year 6 Friends programme
- Friends programme overview
- Online newsletters
- Allergy Letter
- Birmingham Museums’ ‘Morning Explorers’ sessions are designed for families with children on the autistic spectrum or with other special needs, to get access to Birmingham’s museums. The entry charge is reduced and there are free craft activities, reduced numbers and noise, and a great chance for the whole family to enjoy our museums in a relaxed setting. Click here for flyer.
- Advice from police re tackling burglary offences in the home.
- Weekly Autism and SEN Sessions
- An Introduction to Autism
- Dog Therapy
- Important Safeguarding Issue
Keeping Safe Online
Pupils at Springfield House School receive lessons and assemblies regarding how to keep themselves safe when online. However, it is important to know what your children are accessing and how to put in precautionary measures to ensure that they are only able to view content that is suitable to their age. If you would like advice about this please do not hesitate to contact school and we will assist you. Below are some links that you may find useful.
Digital Parenting Magazine Number 6 In March we have sent out a hard copy of Number 7 of this magazine to all families.
Online Safety Leaflets & Posters produced by Childnet
Links - Here we will find links to events and activities that you may be interested in.
Details for some autism specific play sessions for under 8s (Scamps) and over 8s (Smarts) running over the summer, organised by the charitable organisation ‘Dens of Equality'.
Autism West Midlands have a great events section on their website. It lists all the activities and groups they run throughout the year and is a great resource for families when thinking of things to do with their children over the summer holidays. Prices vary from free-£10 (from what I've seen). Click here to go to their website.
Peace Mobile Links
Peace Through All People. The music for our Peacemobile assembly was “Peace, Salaam, Shalom”.
The music is written by Emma’s Revolution and performed by Community of Christ Members and Friends. Click here to listen to it.
The prayer was “Mission Prayer - Community of Christ”. Click here to listen to it.
Parents and carers can give their views of our school at any time of the school year and at the time of a school inspection using an online questionnaire called Parent View.
When our school is notified of its next Ofsted inspection, parents will be invited to give their views about the school to inspectors using the Parent View online facility as this has replaced Ofsted’s paper questionnaire. Please make sure we have your most up-to-date contact details.
Please register with an email address and a password at https://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk or simply click on the image above. Once your login has been activated, it only takes a few minutes to complete answers to 12 short questions about aspects such as bullying, the quality of teaching, level of homework, etc.
Your views are important in helping inspectors make a decision about our school, and to help us know what is going well and what could be improved.
If you do not have a computer or an email address or if you would like help to use Parent View, please phone school and we will send one out in the post.