BEWARE - DO NOT GET SCAMMED. Please be aware of any texts or emails you may be receiving, they may be a scam. There is one at the moment going around that states that your monthly payment for your phone provider has not been paid and to 'Click here' to sort it out. DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK. As soon as you do, they already have details of your bank account and by clicking on the link you give them access to your bank account and they remove all your money.
BEAWARE - An app has been launched called Connect2me which allows anonymous chat between users. It looks as if it has been created by O2, IT HAS NOT! This is a potential serious risk to children as unknown adults and young people have unrestricted access to children. Please do NOT let you children use it.
Message to families from Kay Reid, Executive Head Teacher.
Resources and help sheets to support families if your children are at home.
- Link to 'The Waiting Room' a wide range of community supported services.
- Music resource for home activities from Abby our music therapist.
- Bug Group free classes everyday at 3.05pm. Monday - Yogabugs. Tuesday - Footiebugs. Wednesday - Dancebugs. Thursday - Footiebugs. Friday - Yogabugs There is also access to Mindfulness activities found here.
- Social Story to help your child with understanding 'Coronavirus - staying safe'.
- A poster from the World Heath Organisation to 'Helping children cope with stress during the Coronavirus outbreak'.
- We have compiled a list of online resources that you may find useful to support your child if they are at home. Please click here to access it.
- Letter to parents/carers 18th March 2020 (this includes web links, hard copies have been sent home that contain your child's individual log-on details for educational resources school subscribes to.
- Parent/carer help-sheet from Thinkuknow to help you keep your child safe online whilst they are at home.
- Link to Yoga Bugs classes online every Wednesday at 3pm
- Think u Know - online safety resources. Click on the resource relevant to your child - Parent help sheet, 4 to 5 year old home activity sheets, 5 to 7 home activity sheets, 4 to 7 home activity reward sheet, 8 to 10 home activities sheet
- Accelerated Reader Parent help sheet
- Intro Film - 50 film guides and downloads for learning for home - click here for the link
- Free FootieBugs football sessions for 3 to 13 year olds at 3.05pm.
- The following UK Safer Internet Centre website https://saferinternet.org.uk/ has resources for families, young people and schools that will be of particular use as children and families may be spending more time online at home.
- Physical activities you can do in your home. Balancing Act. Bean Game. Bean Game Video. Bowls. Bowls Video. Capture the tags. Copy Cats. Copy Cats Video. Defend the Castle. Hand Tennis. Hand Tennis Video. One More Move - Ball Skills. One More Move Video. Table Golf. Table Golf Video. Table Hockey. Table Hockey Video.
Free school meals update - families who are in receipt of free school meals will soon be issued with supermarket vouchers for £15 per week. These are emailed out to all who qualify.
Click here to read 'Free School Meals Guide Book Digital Supermarket Vouchers.
Making a Difference, Together
A warm welcome to Springfield House School.
Springfield House is a Birmingham LA day/residential special school situated in a rural position near Knowle, Solihull. The main house is a former country residence and the listed buildings provide a pleasant environment in which the children can feel valued and begin the long process of raising their self-esteem. Our extensive grounds provide an excellent opportunity to enhance the curriculum and engage the children’s interest.
Our provision is targeted to meet the special educational needs of young people, aged 5 -11, who experience social, emotional and mental health difficulties. In previous settings our pupils have exhibited challenging behaviours, which are frequently associated with a wide range of complex conditions, including ASC, ADHD and Attachment Disorder. We provide a nurturing environment, with firm boundaries, where we support pupils to develop strategies to manage their responses appropriately. We seek to celebrate successes and achievements to build self-confidence and esteem, whilst allowing space and time to reflect on the issues that prevent their full social inclusion.
I hope that you find our website useful and informative, we welcome visits and enquiries to our school.
Executive Head Teacher
Click here for our latest Ofsted report. We remain 'Outstanding.'
Click here to read our 'Basic Skills Quality Mark Award'.
Latest Springfield School Events
- Easter Holiday06Apr2020
Click below to listen to our 'At Springfield House' song.
Click HERE to read the words.