Vacancies - Pastoral and Learning Support Worker (GR3)
Closing date 10th June 2020 at 10am.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS & FAMILIES
- Parent Information from Birmingham NHS
- Early help support information
- NEW - CAMHS resources -variety of downloads, websites, books, videos and apps to support families.
- Information/support from Birmingham City Council - Top Ten Tips to Help Your Child. Communication and Autism Help. Sensory Support Help. Early Years Inclusion Support. Educational Psychology Support. Learning Difficulties Support The Children's Occupational Therapy Service
- 'The Waiting Room' a wide range of community supported services.
- Booklet for families from 'Virtual schools'
- Support for Year 6 pupils - Kooth.com ________________________________________________________________________________________
Message to families from Kay Reid, Executive Head Teacher.
Resources and help sheets to support families if your children are at home.
Daily Online Lessons
- Online classroom lessons 'OAK NATIONAL ACADEMY' - click here to access
- BBC Bite Size - teach. Daily lessons schedule click here.
- Online Assembly from Oak National Academy every Thursday at 10am - click here
Phonics and Reading Support
- Phonics videos and resources that support you to help your child learn to read - Letter to parents. Click here to go to site
- Free access to over online 7000 books - click here
- Oxford Owl - free online books for 3 to 11 year olds, just register for free - click here
- Accelerated Reader Parent help sheet - Each child has their own log on details which were sent home. If you have forgotten your details please phone school office and they will be able to provide your child's logon details.
Variety of different resources to support learning at home
- Letter to parents/carers for educational resources the school subscribes to. A hard copy of this letter was sent home to each family in March with individual log on details. If you have forgotten your details please phone school office and they will be able to provide your child's logon details.
- Online resources that you may find useful to support your child if they are at home. Please click here to access it.
- Intro Film - 50 film guides and downloads for learning for home - click here for the link
- Learning through Landscapes - outdoor learning ideas for families - click here to access
- First News- free online children's newspaper
- Red Cross online 'Kindness' teaching resources - click here
- 14 Fantastic YouTube Channels for Children from Parent Zone
- Project Wild Things
Physical Activity resources
- Funetics - inspiring your child to learn & stay active at home - competition and free download pack
- Online PE activity links - Skills & Tricks. HIIT class with bouncy bounce Joe. Yoga Bugs. Home Circuits.
- Bug Group free classes everyday at 3.05pm. Monday - Yogabugs. Tuesday - Footiebugs. Wednesday - Dancebugs. Thursday - Footiebugs. Friday - Yogabugs
- Mindfulness activities found here.
- Free FootieBugs football sessions for 3 to 13 year olds at 3.05pm.
- Physical activities you can do in your home. Balancing Act. Bean Game. Bean Game Video. Bowls. Bowls Video. Capture the tags. Copy Cats. Copy Cats Video. Defend the Castle. Hand Tennis. Hand Tennis Video. One More Move - Ball Skills. One More Move Video. Table Golf. Table Golf Video. Table Hockey. Table Hockey Video. Keeping you child safe online resources
- ThinkuKnow - online safety resources. Click on the resource relevant to your child - Parent help sheet, 4 to 5 year old home activity sheets, 5 to 7 home activity sheets, 4 to 7 home activity reward sheet, 8 to 10 home activities sheet
- The following UK Safer Internet Centre website https://saferinternet.org.uk/ has resources for families, young people and schools that will be of particular use as children and families may be spending more time online at home. Resources to support you and your family re Covid -19
- Information for children, young people and families about Covid-19 booklet - click here
- Social Story to help your child with understanding 'Coronavirus - staying safe'.
- A poster from the World Heath Organisation to 'Helping children cope with stress during the Coronavirus outbreak'.
- Book of Hope - free collection of short stories, poems etc for families to share - click here to view
- Music resource for home activities from Abby our music therapist _________________________________________________________________________________________________
Free school meals update - families who are in receipt of free school meals will soon be issued with supermarket vouchers for £15 per week. Click here to read 'Free School Meals Guide Book Digital Supermarket Vouchers.
Families that are eligible for these check please check your spam/junk box for these please. ________________________________________________________________________________________
University of Sussex - Coronavirus (COVID-19): Relationships, Emotional Well-Being, and Family Adjustment Study
As part of the work being are doing to capture how families are coping with COVID-19 and to plan for how the Local Authority/government coordinate the approach as we come out of lockdown for our schools and families, they want to capture a snap shot from families by completing a questionnaire on current experiences. Professor Banerjee’s research, conducted by the University of Sussex, will help them to understand how families in Birmingham and throughout the UK are responding to the impact of the COVID-19 restrictions on family life, emotional wellbeing, and social relationships. In particular, the research intends to improve understanding of the experiences of families with young children and help to identify those most in need of support during this time of change and crisis. The research finding will also be reported to the DfE and Public Health. Professor Banerjee’s research is well established in this field and we look forward to his expertise here in Birmingham to help shaping our response and support for our schools and families. The Local Authority expect the research to provide them with some valuable insight on how they can ensure we have the right support in place. Please circulate to as many families as possible please through your networks. The link to the questionnaire is https://tinyurl.com/vagdn2v
Kooth is linked into the wider mental health support from Forward Thinking Birmingham and offers:
- Online mental health counselling and chat services from midday to 10pm during the week, and 6pm to 10pm at weekends
- Peer to peer support through moderated discussion forums
- Self-care tools and resources to build resilience
- Early response to and identification of emotional wellbeing and mental health problems
- And there are no waiting lists, referrals or thresholds to access the service ____________________________________________________________________________________
Making a Difference, Together
A warm welcome to Springfield House School.
Springfield House is a Birmingham LA day/residential special school situated in a rural position near Knowle, Solihull. The main house is a former country residence and the listed buildings provide a pleasant environment in which the children can feel valued and begin the long process of raising their self-esteem. Our extensive grounds provide an excellent opportunity to enhance the curriculum and engage the children’s interest.
Our provision is targeted to meet the special educational needs of young people, aged 5 -11, who experience social, emotional and mental health difficulties. In previous settings our pupils have exhibited challenging behaviours, which are frequently associated with a wide range of complex conditions, including ASC, ADHD and Attachment Disorder. We provide a nurturing environment, with firm boundaries, where we support pupils to develop strategies to manage their responses appropriately. We seek to celebrate successes and achievements to build self-confidence and esteem, whilst allowing space and time to reflect on the issues that prevent their full social inclusion.
I hope that you find our website useful and informative, we welcome visits and enquiries to our school.
Executive Head Teacher
Click here for our latest Ofsted report. We remain 'Outstanding.'
Click here to read our 'Basic Skills Quality Mark Award'.
Latest Springfield School Events
- Open the Book Assembly11Jun2020
- Staff Training Day - school closed to pupils.22Jun2020
Click below to listen to our 'At Springfield House' song.
Click HERE to read the words.