We take the safety of our young people extremely seriously.
Safeguarding is what we do for all children and young people to keep them safe whilst in our care. Child protected describes the policy and procedures specifically for those young people who are at risk of serious harm or have been seriously harmed.
The welfare of each and every student at Springfield House School is of paramount importance and we aim to provide a caring, supportive and positive environment where children can feel safe, are able to learn and develop themselves. Adults in our school take all welfare concerns seriously and encourage children to talk to us about anything that may worry them.
Designated Safeguarding Team
Paul Yeomans Stuart Broadaway Clare Hood Helen Hayward
Lead DSL Deputy DSL Deputy DSL Deputy DSL
Head Teacher Principle Care Coordinator Associate Behaviours Assistant Head Teacher
Safeguarding in the school holidays
If you experience difficulties in the school holidays or at weekends and you or your children are in immediate danger: please call 999
You can also report concerns for other families or about your own family to your Local Authority Designated Officer
The LADO Team can be contacted on 0121 675 1669 or via email: Ladoteam@birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk
The LADO Team can be contacted on 07795128638 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping Safe Online
Pupils at Springfield House School receive lessons and assemblies regarding how to keep themselves safe when online. However, it is important to know what your children are accessing and how to put in precautionary measures to ensure that they are only able to view content that is suitable to their age. If you would like advice about this please do not hesitate to contact school and we will assist you. Below are some links that you may find useful.
- Thinkuknow letter with lots of useful information and links to help you keep your child safe online
- Thinkuknow website. Created to support parents to help them protect your children both online and offline.
- Parent Zone - Help and Advice for families in a digital world - lots of helpful advice about: games, app & tech, parenting, safety & settings, education & the future and health & well-being.
- UK Safer Internet Centre has resources for families, young people and schools that will be of particular use as children and families may be spending more time online at home.
- NSPCC Keeping Children Safe online
- NSPCC Safety Advice - click here to link to the NSPCC Parent Guide
- Among Us online game - warning - please follow this link as this game as online predetors are using this to gain access to children.
- https://www.mmguardian.com/uk - support on how to help monitor your child's social media/online.
- Childline advice for staying safe
- Leaflet with useful information/advice
- Child Exploitation & Online Police
- Childnet - Online Safety Leaflets & Posters
- KidSmart poster
- Parent fact sheet
- Supporting young people on-line
- 5 Smart rules for staying safe online
- Fake News and Disinformation